|Image Source InfoSpace|
- To improve my English writing - English is my second language and i learn it in school. However, after graduation and enter the working world, my English is very poor both in oral and writings. A friend of mine introduce me with Blogspot way back in 2008. Since then, i start to write and i can see my improvements as years goes by.
- Sharing my experiences in the field - I love my job as a field biologist so much and i have the great opportunity to work closely with wildlife in the rainforest of Borneo. So i blog about my working experiences which other people didn't have the opportunity as i did. It is my nature blog.
- Expressing myself - I have many positive and negative thoughts about my struggles in life. Relationships, works, spirituals and finding my true self. So, i express it by blogging so i create this blog which i share many random things related to many different topics.
- Hobbies - I have some other interests such as gardening and beading crafts, so I wrote about it too and i create one blog especially for my gardening in Malay language. But i abandon that blog quite a few years now because i didn't do much gardening like before because i keep changing jobs from one place to another place.
- Preserving my native language - I was away from my hometown and mixed around with different people from different races and background. Therefore, i have less time using my native language to converse with people. I have this strong feeling that one day, i will forgot most of my native language vocabulary. So, i decide to create a blog written in my mother tongue, Melanau.
|Image Source Hongkiat|
|Image Source Langwitches|
So, as a conclusion, Blogging is a Journey. We have our own reason why we blog, so its up to us to decide whether to blog or not. I have been blogging for almost nine years now and it is still not easy to make sure my blog is updated but one thing i am really sure is I ENJOY WRITING & BLOGGING! I make new friends by blogging and share our thoughts and interest.