Wednesday, November 23, 2022

CAUSE: Cookie is My Third Stray

0

After almost five months, I decided to keep Cookie to accompany Puffin. Puffin is too lonely and she needs a companion anyway. Although, both of them give me a headache sometimes but, they are my happy pills when I feel down or overwhelmed by everything around me. Cookie is such a playful puppy. She always calls me out to play with her and while doing that she will always have the toy in her mouth. That is why I always allow both of them to play together at least once a day. We don't have a big compound but it is just enough for them to run around. 

The photo was taken on August, 13.

Based on my reading, puberty (or sexual maturity) in dogs on average is when they reached about six months of age, but this can vary by breed. Since Cookie is a smaller breed so that is why she had her first estrous cycle at an earlier age. Meanwhile, large and giant breeds may not come into heat for the first time until they reach eighteen months to two years of age. Thus, I think she is about 6 months old now. While she had her first menstrual cycle now, she is more clingy and wants to be pampered. 

Actually, I plan to spay her early this month but something came up and I could not send her to the vet. Hopefully, I can do that after her menstrual cycle is over. It worries me when male dogs start to visit our house and are interested to mate with her. 

Another photo was taken on August, 13.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The materials in this blog is a personal thoughts, ramblings from the author with some link to the other sources website.

Reproduction, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within this blog are prohibited unless the prior written permission from author of this blog.

(c) rosesdailyjournal.blogspot.com / rose.ragai@gmail.com

Blog Archive