Tuesday, November 22, 2022

HIKING: Back on Forest Trail

0

 

Mt Singai Summit last Sunday hike

I have decided to be back on the trail again after a few months. One of the main reason is because of my fitness and health is not at an optimum level now. When my age reach the 40s I start to feel body ache and easily fell sick. This is not only an age factor but I am sure it is related to my lifestyle. I begin to ignore my physical activities and consume too much sugar and carbs too. 

In June 2022, I went for a body medical checkup and I was warned about my cholesterol level. It is not yet reached borderline but due to my age, I need to watch out for my food intake to control my cholesterol level. Besides, my family history shows that I might be at risk as I aged. One way that I think might help me is to start again with the physical activities that I used to do before. Hiking was in my mind because running will be limited by my feet and knee conditions.  

Photo Credit to Cleveland Clinic

However, the medical check-up results only make me anxious for a few months and then I return to my old habits. I stop my running and hiking activities and did not careful with my food intake as well. After returning from Spain at the end of October, I still feel okay but there is one night after having dinner with my friends I feel a bit uneasy. I had quite a lot of prawns that night too. I feel pain in the neck and back which I thought may be related to my cholesterol level. 

So, I decided to book another slot to do a full-body medical check-up last Friday. Before this appointment, I want to have a more active lifestyle, so I start to go hiking every weekend. I decided to fight my lazy ass and just go! I have been hiking for three consecutive weekends and I feel more fit and healthy. Oh, my medical check-up appointment was cancelled due to the polling day public holiday on Friday. I have not set another date. Hopefully, I can continue with my weekend hiking activity and eat clean and healthy too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The materials in this blog is a personal thoughts, ramblings from the author with some link to the other sources website.

Reproduction, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within this blog are prohibited unless the prior written permission from author of this blog.

(c) rosesdailyjournal.blogspot.com / rose.ragai@gmail.com

Blog Archive